Good news, bad news.
- Frigid, frostbite-able, finger numbing, toe tingling, battery draining temperatures.
- Extreme, gusty winds, driving heavy snows, whiteout, blizzard blinding, impossible to focus conditions.
- Lugging thirty pounds of gear through knee deep, immobilizing piles of snow over uneven ground.
- Fumbling with too small controls in wet, over stuffed with “handwarmer” mittens.
- Fogged up viewfinder and glasses from miss-directed breathing escaping through a mouth condensation soaked balaclava.
All of the above, because there’s nothing like bad weather to make for a good shot.
The good, the bad, and the beautiful.